Villa d’Este has followed with great attention all the indications, recommendations and preventive measures given by the Italian authorities as well as the World Health Organization, and consequently updated its standards of operations in order to protect both Guests and Employees.
While the safety and wellbeing of our Guests remain its main concern of course, Villa d’Este carefully integrated these new regulations into its processes in order to respect its history of service excellence and continue to offer a truly unique experience. The Estate’s extensive grounds allow our Guests to enjoy the outdoors and gardens and provide ample opportunities to avoid gatherings and find privacy. True to its longstanding tradition, Villa d’Este is adapting to the new paradigms but not changing its core values and philosophy based on human touch and warmth. It will continue to provide the feeling and atmosphere of the “Dolce Vita”.
We look forward to welcoming you soon on the shores of Lake Como at Villa d’Este!
Please note that the following guidelines and information are subject to updates based on Government decrees.
GENERAL GUIDELINES AND INFORMATION
– The access to all hotel services indoor and outdoor is unlimited and open. Face masks are not requested anymore except on public transports, theatres, cinemas and for indoor sport events.
– Guests are kindly requested to maintain social distancing
– While every effort is made to keep you updated, we invite you to review our Country entry/exit requirements as government mandates surrounding the pandemic are constantly evolving and may change between now and the time of travel.
– When using the hotel’s chauffeured service, Guests will be provided with a disposable mask and hand sanitizer
– The hotel’s drivers are required to wear a mask at all time and frequently sanitize their hands
– In accordance with the social distancing regulations, our sedan cars can only accommodate up to 2 Guests, and 4 Guests for our minivans. Exceptions can be made if party consists of members of the same family
– The in-car amenities have been removed
– The vehicles are thoroughly cleaned and sanitized after each use.
– Upon arrival, Guests will be asked whether they wish to avail themselves of the luggage handling and delivery service provided by the hotel. If so, the luggage will be sanitized with Guest’s permission and placed in room following the Guest’s indications and preferences
– Our Valet service is available and operating. Our Employees are required to wear appropriate Personal Protection Equipment (PPE)
FRONT OFFICE & GUEST ROOMS
– Our Reception desk layout and work stations have been reorganized to ensure social distancing
– We will strive to organize both the check-in and check-out processes in order to reduce contact and avoid gatherings at the desk
– Room keys are sanitized each and every time prior to being handled to Guests
– We kindly ask Guests to refrain from using the elevators together with other fellow Guests, if not family members
– We have strived to reduce the high touch items in the guestrooms: menus have been replaced by mobile-friendly disposable menus & the Hotel’s Directory is accessible via the in-room entertainment system
– Each room will be sanitized with certified sanitation equipment after each check-out and before every check-in.
RESTAURANTS/ BAR and IN ROOM DINING
– Reservations are required for restaurants and bars, both on-site and off-site. Our Concierge is at your disposal to organize your dining arrangements
– Electronic payments are preferred whenever possible.
– The outlet’s seating capacity has been organized in accordance with the 1mt (6 ft) social distancing regulations. Exception will only be made for members of the same family dining together.
– When ordering room service, our colleagues will deliver the food to the door and advise Guests of delivery
SPORTING & BEAUTY CENTRE FACILITIES
– The gym, the indoor heated swimming pool and the sauna are open every day, from 7.00 am to 8.00 pm. Reservation is suggested for the gym and the indoor pool, while it is requested for the sauna (max for 2 pax or more for family members).
– Reservations are required for tennis sessions and beauty treatments at our Beauty Center.
– When exercising, Guests are required to respect a distance of 2m (6.5ft) in between one another. It is not mandatory to wear a mask while exercising.
– All water sports are available and equipment is sanitized after each use.
– Self-driven boats are available for up to 3 pax or 6 for families.
– In case of necessity and only upon request, it is possible to get rapid or PCR tests directly at the Hotel.
For further information about traveling to Italy, please click here to visit the official website of the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
Last update: May 1, 2022